nur_ein_tier

SHC Admin

Hidden rooms in SH1

Post by nur_ein_tier on Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:12 am

Here's a video and page I made to explain how to get to the hidden areas in Midwich elementary:

http://alchemillahospital.net/sh1-more-hidden-rooms/

Someone posted a map somewhere but I can't find it right now. If you enter the gameshark walk through walls codes, you go out to the courtyard from the infirmary and then go directly forward, walk through the other door without entering it and you'll get to the unfinished roof:
ImageImageImage

Giromancy

Hidden rooms in SH1

Post by Giromancy on Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:57 pm

I left some pictures of hidden rooms that i found in Alchemilla Hospital,

ROOM 1

ROOM 2

ROOM 3

ROOM 4

ROOM 5

ROOM 6 (MORGUE?)

==================================
Image Image Image
==================================

nur_ein_tier

SHC Admin

Hidden rooms in SH1

Post by nur_ein_tier on Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:05 pm

Awesome! Thanks for posting.
ImageImageImage

Brispir

Harmonica Playing Ninja

Hidden rooms in SH1

Post by Brispir on Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:44 pm

A new kind of nightmare world: Get transported to the new otherworld and find that everything is completely missing. :P

Anyways, it's awesome to see things the developers were thinking of putting into the game.

emma

im watching you..i always watching you

Hidden rooms in SH1

Post by emma on Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:33 am

amazing how they do it with that crazy way :)!
"rise and shine cupcake"

KxK96

Alex DeLarge Syndrome/Writer.

Hidden rooms in SH1

Post by KxK96 on Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:36 am

Just noticed you can teleport in the School female bathrooms from first floor to 2nd x) Oh but i guess u all already knew that :C...
Why did You dress me down and Liquor me up ?!!

nur_ein_tier

SHC Admin

Hidden rooms in SH1

Post by nur_ein_tier on Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:48 am

Yeah, always good to know. It gets you more bullets if you visit the second floor bathrooms, if I recall correctly.
ImageImageImage

Augophthalmoses

Sarcasmoses

Hidden rooms in SH1

Post by Augophthalmoses on Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:19 am

nur_ein_tier wrote:Yeah, always good to know. It gets you more bullets if you visit the second floor bathrooms, if I recall correctly.

Correct. Always a good thing to remember since among the ammunition is some shotgun shells.
boo

nur_ein_tier

SHC Admin

Hidden rooms in SH1

Post by nur_ein_tier on Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:28 am

Yes! trying to record an LP of the PSN version, and I noticed a couple small differences, like article titles. Anyway, that's beside the point. I just played through the school and already forget half of it. Senility is brutal.
ImageImageImage

Augophthalmoses

Sarcasmoses

Hidden rooms in SH1

Post by Augophthalmoses on Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:37 am

nur_ein_tier wrote:Yes! trying to record an LP of the PSN version, and I noticed a couple small differences, like article titles. Anyway, that's beside the point. I just played through the school and already forget half of it. Senility is brutal.

Yeah, now that you mention it there are some differences in the PSN version. Main one I noticed is in the scene where Harry first walks into town saying "It's quiet...too quiet." there's extra music playing at first that wasn't in either of my copies of SH1. Kind of hard to explain but if you've played both versions and pay careful attention to the music in that particular scene in both the PSN version and the normal version it's noticeable.
boo

nur_ein_tier

SHC Admin

Hidden rooms in SH1

Post by nur_ein_tier on Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:39 am

Yep, and the "manifestations of delusions" article is called 'the monster lurks.' wtf. that doesn't even make sense.
ImageImageImage

Augophthalmoses

Sarcasmoses

Hidden rooms in SH1

Post by Augophthalmoses on Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:41 am

nur_ein_tier wrote:Yep, and the "manifestations of delusions" article is called 'the monster lurks.' wtf. that doesn't even make sense.

Huh, for some reason I don't even remember that one. I'll have to keep that mind next time I play the PSN copy. Odd too since that was the same playthrough I was just looking around randomly and saw that "No God" writing on the wall at the Other Church.
Last edited by Augophthalmoses on Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:44 am.
boo

nur_ein_tier

SHC Admin

Hidden rooms in SH1

Post by nur_ein_tier on Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:43 am

yeah, i am trying to notice these things and make a comparison post/video/whatever, but i'm not done yet. i'm in the sewers right now.
ImageImageImage

Augophthalmoses

Sarcasmoses

Hidden rooms in SH1

Post by Augophthalmoses on Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:45 am

Actually, now that I think back I think the book's name in the original version might be "The Monster Lurks" as well...my memory is fuzzy though. So I'll have to check that out in both versions when I have a chance.

Because unless I'm going crazy "The Monster Lurks" sticks in my mind as the original title when I first read that book.

And considering your info on the series a Let's Play of the game would be interesting to watch, but whatever you wanna do.
Last edited by Augophthalmoses on Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:47 am.
boo

nur_ein_tier

SHC Admin

Hidden rooms in SH1

Post by nur_ein_tier on Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:47 am

Augophthalmoses wrote:Actually, now that I think back I think the book's name in the original version might be "The Monster Lurks" as well...my memory is fuzzy though. So I'll have to check that out in both versions when I have a chance.

I'm pretty sure "manifestations of delusions" was called "manifestations of delusions." I went through and took a screencap for : http://silenthill.wikia.com/wiki/Manife ... _Delusions
ImageImageImage

Augophthalmoses

Sarcasmoses

Hidden rooms in SH1

Post by Augophthalmoses on Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:48 am

Yeah, I remember where it is and what it says....you know what? While I got it on my mind I'll go ahead and play through the game to that segment right now on both versions. Won't take me too long to get to the school. Otherwise, it'll be nagging at me. I'll post some pics.

EDIT: Well, at least the PSN version won't take long. Completely forgot I had a Next Fear save at the Infirmary.
boo

nur_ein_tier

SHC Admin

Hidden rooms in SH1

Post by nur_ein_tier on Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:04 am

I posted it because it's from the original version, not because I didn't think you knew where it was. I meant that I went through and played that part just to get the screencap and text at some point in the past, and I don't recall "the monster lurks" being mentioned there.

All my PSX gamesaves are telling me "no useful books." All I have is a video of the PSN version.
No useful books. WTF.
ImageImageImage

Augophthalmoses

Sarcasmoses

Hidden rooms in SH1

Post by Augophthalmoses on Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:09 am

Oh, I see. But in the PSN version you did remember you read the blood stained memo inside the bathroom stall (the one with the shotgun) to the right of the corpse didn't you?

You won't be able to read that particular book in the Library Reserve unless you've read that blood stained memo that says "Leonard Rhine - The Monster Lurks"...and of course I don't remember NOT being able to read that book in the PSN version.

It's the same way with that book about White Claudia on in the right room on the third floor of Nowhere. If you don't read certain notes pertaining to the drug trade in Silent Hill you won't be able to read that book either.

Anyway, I'm already playing the PSN version so I'll check for myself when I reach that point just to be thorough.
boo

nur_ein_tier

SHC Admin

Hidden rooms in SH1

Post by nur_ein_tier on Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:14 am

Augophthalmoses wrote:Oh, I see. But in the PSN version you did remember you read the blood stained memo inside the bathroom stall (the one with the shotgun) to the right of the corpse didn't you?.

Yes, and that's why I was able to read it in the PSN version. Its the PS1 version I don't have a save for, and will have to play through again.
ImageImageImage

Augophthalmoses

Sarcasmoses

Hidden rooms in SH1

Post by Augophthalmoses on Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:16 am

Okay, I see what you're talking about. Just bear with me. You're not the only one going senile here.
boo

Next

Return to Silent Hill