Pazuzu

Harry Mason Vs. Pyramid Head

Post by Pazuzu on Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:19 pm

Indeed and just thinking about a terrible deed like that can have the town beckon you.

Royal Fizzbin

living that lie

Post by Royal Fizzbin on Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:34 pm

Otherworld wrote:
Royal Fizzbin wrote:I still contend that the only two (main) games where we actually see PH or a PH-esk being is SH2 and Homecoming. And that the simplest way for Harry to encounter PH would be for him to happen to be around during the events of SH2 and slip into James otherworld. Or in an alternate reality where Harry was still alive and around during the events of Homecoming, and they might cross paths then.

If we are specically speaking about the PH manifested by James subconscious I do not think Harry would encounter him as I believe that nobody other than James can see him.

That could be a legitimate understanding as only James, some other monsters, and Maria are known to have seen PH in SH2. And Angela/Eddie were never within eyeshot any of the times that PH manifested to James, so it’s impossible to know for sure what (if anything) they would have seen had they been around during those times. But the idea is to suspend that disbelief and imagine a possibility of how it could happen.

The logic of this particular possibility goes back to what I mentioned earlier, if in SH2, if James can cross into other people’s otherworld and experience their projections and even fight their monsters, it seems at least possible that if Harry were present during the events of SH2, and in near proximity to James, and given Harry’s own personal history and connection with the area as well as his connection to Alessa/Cheryl, that Harry may also be able to slip into James otherworld and experience James projections, which include PH.

So while not stating that it ever did happen or that it was likely to ever happen, I’d contend that given the right circumstances it seems like a strong possibility based on seeing James do it.

Here is another possibility, what if the order member that Harry killed wasn’t a normal person, but was instead someone who had powers similar to Alessa and later Claudia. What if like Claudia in SH3 this person had the ability to bring the otherworld and creatures along with them as they were attempting to abduct Cheryl. We know that Stone had been using Wishhouse to brainwash children and young people into the cult. Is it possible they could have found another with powers and when they got old enough the cult used them to hunt down Harry and try to bring Cheryl back? If so, it’s possible that Harry could have been experiencing the otherworld in a similar way that Heather did in SH3 when Claudia was near. In that otherworld there could have been some version of PH.

Pazuzu

Post by Pazuzu on Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:44 pm

Royal Fizzbin wrote:Here is another possibility, what if the order member that Harry killed wasn’t a normal person, but was instead someone who had powers similar to Alessa and later Claudia. What if like Claudia in SH3 this person had the ability to bring the otherworld and creatures along with them as they were attempting to abduct Cheryl. We know that Stone had been using Wishhouse to brainwash children and young people into the cult. Is it possible they could have found another with powers and when they got old enough the cult used them to hunt down Harry and try to bring Cheryl back? If so, it’s possible that Harry could have been experiencing the otherworld in a similar way that Heather did in SH3 when Claudia was near. In that otherworld there could have been some version of PH.

That seems like a feasible and logical way for this encounter to happen.

Otherworld

I'm going to town either way ...

Post by Otherworld on Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:45 am

Pazuzu wrote:
Royal Fizzbin wrote:Here is another possibility, what if the order member that Harry killed wasn’t a normal person, but was instead someone who had powers similar to Alessa and later Claudia. What if like Claudia in SH3 this person had the ability to bring the otherworld and creatures along with them as they were attempting to abduct Cheryl. We know that Stone had been using Wishhouse to brainwash children and young people into the cult. Is it possible they could have found another with powers and when they got old enough the cult used them to hunt down Harry and try to bring Cheryl back? If so, it’s possible that Harry could have been experiencing the otherworld in a similar way that Heather did in SH3 when Claudia was near. In that otherworld there could have been some version of PH.

That seems like a feasible and logical way for this encounter to happen.

Is it possible? Sure. Let's not forget who Walter was. Is it plausible? I wouldn't bet on it.

Pazuzu

Post by Pazuzu on Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:30 pm

Maybe not quite plausible but it seems like a reasonable way for Harry to logically encounter PH, other than him having some serious transgression that would earn him the wrath of PH. Which is something he could've done post-SH1.

Pazuzu

Post by Pazuzu on Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:15 am

Masahiro Ito Tweet about PH.

From this past July. Interesting. Seems to correspond earlier that the particular PH from SH2 (Red Pyramid) is James-only but not the general concept or image of PH. Which can explain the different appearances of PH outside of SH2.

Not entirely on-topic but I found it interesting to bring up, since we've been discussing ways as to how Harry can possibly encounter PH or his own unique version, at least.

Previous

Return to Silent Hill