AlchemillaHsospital

Once more, with feeling!

Introduction posts go here.
ItEndsWithTens

Once more, with feeling!

Post by ItEndsWithTens »

Hello again! Man it's good to be back. Felt like I'd only just signed up for an account before the forums went down a couple years back, and once they returned I dragged my feet on re-registering. Now I actually have something to share and it's about time I get to business.

To summarize my relationship with Silent Hill: I've been playing since a year or so after the first game was released, I've played all the main series games (never had a chance to play the GBA visual novel, PT, or e.g. that weird top-down twin stick thing I think I saw screenshots of years ago), my favorites are the first one, Origins, and ShatMems, and I thought the first movie was about as good as I could have hoped for. I live for that camera-through-the-transom shot, and I think Anna's death has to be my favorite in horror movie history.

That "something" I have to share is SilentHillMapExaminer, a plugin for the BizHawk emulator that's designed to help pick apart the map/level/stage format used in Silent Hill. I've already uncovered a few interesting things with it and I feel like, although imperfect, it's finally good enough to share with the community at large. I won't clog up an introduction post with details, but there's already a thread about it over in the SH1 Modding section, if you're the technologically curious type: https://silenthillcommunity.com/viewtop ... f=22&t=823

Glad to be here again, and very happy to see things getting back up to speed!
admin
Site Admin

Re: Once more, with feeling!

Post by admin »

good to have you back! :robbie:
Annin_Tofu

Post by Annin_Tofu »

Welcome back to the foggiest forum online. :thumbsup:
admin
Site Admin