AlchemillaHsospital

4 new games & a movie: Silent Hill F, SH Ascension, Townfall, & SH2 remake

All topics that don't fit elsewhere, or about the series in general.
Xuchilbara

4 new games & a movie: Silent Hill F, SH Ascension, Townfall, & SH2 remake

Post by Xuchilbara »

The trailers dropped during the live announcement. I must say I am impressed with SH2 remake so far and SHF which is the first time I have seen SH take place in Japan.

SH2 remake trailer (Probably the best drop):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7EzY_S ... l=GameSpot

SHA: (Not revealed much. Not sure if it will be anything good.) :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGYqrmi ... =EvilBlitz

Silent Hill F (A Japanese SH remanent of Fatal Frame.) :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbYB8HD ... l=GameSpot

Not much shown for Townfall:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIRDHM2 ... l=GameSpot

Return to Silent Hill movie:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZLrjCz ... TKs-Mantis
"Speak.
I am the Crimson One.
The lies and the mist are
not they, but I.
You all know that I am One.
Yes, and the One is I."
- Me, probably
LostInTheFog

Re: 4 new games & a movie: Silent Hill F, SH Ascension, Townfall, & SH2 remake

Post by LostInTheFog »

I will have a good look in each of those games. Right now, will share my concerns ... I am very concern about Konami behind four games, have bad memories about something like this before. In fact, I am very skeptical about this plan - Konami's old head and some old staff with a lot of complex work... But I have hope for the remake because it was already in motion ... if Konami let those developers do their job alone!
"Killing a person ain't no big deal. Just put the gun to their head... pow!"
Annin_Tofu

Post by Annin_Tofu »

The funny (sad) thing is, that people online elsewhere are still unhappy. :lol:

My goodness. Grow up! :mrgreen:
Otherworld

Post by Otherworld »

Like what I saw from the SH2 Remake clips.

Taken aback as to how much is really being worked on, and like always, I will hope for the best always knowing its Konami leading the way here .....

My one disappointment, No love for SH1.

Hasn't Konami learned anything from Capcom? Do your remakes in order, please. :coffee:
I'm going to town either way.
Xuchilbara

Post by Xuchilbara »

Otherworld wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 2:24 pm Like what I saw from the SH2 Remake clips.

Taken aback as to how much is really being worked on, and like always, I will hope for the best always knowing its Konami leading the way here .....

My one disappointment, No love for SH1.

Hasn't Konami learned anything from Capcom? Do your remakes in order, please. :coffee:
I thought that was a bit weird too.
"Speak.
I am the Crimson One.
not they, but I.
Yes, and the One is I."
- Me, probably
Annin_Tofu

Post by Annin_Tofu »

It's probably because they go with the games that will make their asses a mint. It's kind of like why Capcom didn't bother to remake CV before RE4. But from a fan and logical standpoint, yeah. CV should have been remade after RE3, even though RE3 was horrible.

Capcom's RE4 remake does look swell, though. I caught the showcase last night, and I was impressed. It actually looks more like a horror adventures than the original. The villagers have a similar reach to the zombies in the recent remakes as well. You really have to hammer the buttons to break free.

What did you think of The Merchant? :mrgreen:
Otherworld

Post by Otherworld »

thesaunderschild wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:49 am It's probably because they go with the games that will make their asses a mint. It's kind of like why Capcom didn't bother to remake CV before RE4. But from a fan and logical standpoint, yeah. CV should have been remade after RE3, even though RE3 was horrible.

Capcom's RE4 remake does look swell, though. I caught the showcase last night, and I was impressed. It actually looks more like a horror adventures than the original. The villagers have a similar reach to the zombies in the recent remakes as well. You really have to hammer the buttons to break free.

What did you think of The Merchant? :mrgreen:
I really hope you have the option to out the old merchant voice back in but I did not mind it at all.
I'm going to town either way.
LostInTheFog

Post by LostInTheFog »

I finally could look all the show case. I don't have much time these days, fighting cyber-shibitios trying to keep the horror of Bolsonaro in Brazil... we have to deal with horrible things of our society...

Anyway, my first impression is bigger that my expectations. Thought Konami might have learning something and have something solid to show. The fact of the revival turn around Silent Hill 2 is good at this point because tends to create some synergy. Also, the fact of the plan turn around one man in Konami is also a good sign since Konami is basically doing nothing but directing the show. So I have to say we can, after many years, to be excited, finally, we are coming back!

Quickly approaching those four titles, Thought the game and the movie are really on the move, and we have 99% chances of being released and about 66% chance to be great game/movie. Not saying 66% chances of we like it, but to be something really highlighted as the franchise deserve. Problem is SH2 is the most challenging source material. I think we have great names working in both game and movie companies, but they might not be at the needed level, and/or not heaving the needed time and resources to the needed fine polish we always talk about.

The other two are the bets for new horizons, whats over the hill... Thought the interactive thing "Ascension" is awesome idea and the last one seems more like Siren, however, might have a place as spin off, artistically free. I loved the theme adaptation for this idea!

So that's it, guys, time to save some money for PS5, or at list for the theater ticket!

Cheers!

Now I must come back to my politics fighting, pedophilia, cannibalism and other campaign stuff...
"Killing a person ain't no big deal. Just put the gun to their head... pow!"
Norus_Rebirthed

Post by Norus_Rebirthed »

No PS5 but from the opening post, probably f and Townfall look the more intriguing. But it'll all be down to how the gameplay footage looks.
Xuchilbara

Post by Xuchilbara »

I do not have an opinion of Ascension nor Townfall. The information is too sparse.

However, I found out SH2 remake has been in development for 3 years and includes Ito, Yamaoka, and others. This is a longer development cycle than the original. I have faith Konami may not screw this one up. (Ofc we also do not have a release date.)

SHF seems gret so far and I am looking forward to this one as well.
"Speak.
I am the Crimson One.
not they, but I.
Yes, and the One is I."
- Me, probably