AlchemillaHsospital

Dusk Golem strikes again...

All topics that don't fit elsewhere, or about the series in general.
Annin_Tofu

Dusk Golem strikes again...

Post by Annin_Tofu »

He is never sure of anything. :health:

https://comicbook.com/gaming/amp/news/s ... es-teased/

Apparently, something could happen at Tokyo Game Show, which will be from the 15th to the 18th of September.
Otherworld

Re: Dusk Golem strikes again...

Post by Otherworld »

Hope for the best and expect the worst
I'm going to town either way.
Annin_Tofu

Post by Annin_Tofu »

How could the game be at Tokyo Game Show anyway?

Just out of curiousity, I wonder if it will even show up. During the last couple of years, this show aired quite early in my native Britain.

Since these games are adult oriented, it would have to be ran after 9 PM at least. So unless the schedule is different this year, I don't see it being announced.
LostInTheFog

Post by LostInTheFog »

I can speculate too, thought, Konami won't show anything decent yet. Better hope for Codeless Games team to finish the remake, will be the only interesting thing from the hill this year.
"Killing a person ain't no big deal. Just put the gun to their head... pow!"
Annin_Tofu

Post by Annin_Tofu »

I just remember being excited a few years ago. Tokyo Game Show was shown at 7 AM. I stay in Edinburgh, you see. But then I realized, they don't show graphic content outside of the watershed hours in the UK. That's after 9 PM, basically.

So unless Tokyo Game Show is scheduled to be shown off at a reasonable hour of the day this year, I don't see anything Silent Hill related being there, sadly.

Another possibility is the 2022 Game Awards in December. Failing that, I really don't know when it could make an appearance. But I think it's just a matter of time before something is announced, and I hope it's not a remake.

I wouldn't completely mind seeing a remake, but of course, one has to keep in mind that remakes are not new storylines. Even if they change it up, we played it before. You know? But giving the pattern of other horror games as of late, they're likely going to have the same idea.
LostInTheFog

Post by LostInTheFog »

The original meaning of a remake is doing again - will be different. Also, it's an opportunity to add something, correct something, etc.. Maybe the best examples in games is RE2, but Konami got zero chances of getting near that quality.
"Killing a person ain't no big deal. Just put the gun to their head... pow!"
Annin_Tofu

Post by Annin_Tofu »

Unless they got Team Silent to return, it would be an absolute dumpster fire of a game. Many people have already boycotted Konami after the incident with Hideo Kojima, so they're on thin ice as it is. Plus, they left their other franchises to rot as well. So while I've never played them personally, I still feel sympathy for anyone hoping to see a new Castlevania, or whatever, as Konami gained quite the reputation for these titles back in the day.
Norus_Rebirthed

Post by Norus_Rebirthed »

And that's why Konami probably thinks "Fuck that fandom!" when it comes to Silent Hill! :brows:
Annin_Tofu

Post by Annin_Tofu »

The feeling is mutual! :mrgreen: