AlchemillaHsospital

The Medium

Talk about things of general interest here.
Otherworld

The Medium

Post by Otherworld »

Playing this game as I am pretty sure Bloober is at the helm of a Silent Hill game since Konami annoued they are working together.

For the most part, I like it. I am just not too keen on the monologues of the main characters. I'd just like to have it tonned down a little.
I'm going to town either way.
hjerteknuser

Re: The Medium

Post by hjerteknuser »

I thought that Bloober denied the rumors about working on a Silent Hill title, though? Has there been any update on the Konami/Bloober partnership? I feel like I haven't seen any new official word on it in months, only speculation.

That aside, how's your playthrough going?
As it stands, I have kind of mixed feelings on The Medium, but I've been considering completing a second playthrough of it now that it's been out for some time to collect my thoughts on it. I believe that a lot of my current negative feelings are just a result of preordering and hyping it up in my mind because of the loose ties to Silent Hill, then being met with something poorly-optimized and just... not what I had expected/hoped for, if I'm being honest. There've been several updates since I've played, though, so I'm hoping that at least next time won't be quite as taxing on my PC, and I'm hoping that I'll appreciate the title more now that my misguided hype has worn off / I'm more familiar with Bloober's works.

-- There was a RANT here, it's gone now. --
I've spent the last hour trying to write this reply, but I apparently have more feelings about this game than I'd thought. I'll spare you the massive block of text and just say that The Medium is definitely an experience, and there are a lot of both positives and negatives. But yeah, I found Marianne's constant rambling to herself to be particularly grating.

Back to the topic of the Konami/Bloober partnership, I'm curious to see what they might be working on. I just hope that if it's secretly been a Silent Hill title all along that they'd do their research to capture the feeling correctly and do something new with the story.
As you wish, you may destroy me
— I wouldn't care.
Otherworld

Post by Otherworld »

hjerteknuser wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:00 pm I thought that Bloober denied the rumors about working on a Silent Hill title, though? Has there been any update on the Konami/Bloober partnership? I feel like I haven't seen any new official word on it in months, only speculation.

That aside, how's your playthrough going?
As it stands, I have kind of mixed feelings on The Medium, but I've been considering completing a second playthrough of it now that it's been out for some time to collect my thoughts on it. I believe that a lot of my current negative feelings are just a result of preordering and hyping it up in my mind because of the loose ties to Silent Hill, then being met with something poorly-optimized and just... not what I had expected/hoped for, if I'm being honest. There've been several updates since I've played, though, so I'm hoping that at least next time won't be quite as taxing on my PC, and I'm hoping that I'll appreciate the title more now that my misguided hype has worn off / I'm more familiar with Bloober's works.

-- There was a RANT here, it's gone now. --
I've spent the last hour trying to write this reply, but I apparently have more feelings about this game than I'd thought. I'll spare you the massive block of text and just say that The Medium is definitely an experience, and there are a lot of both positives and negatives. But yeah, I found Marianne's constant rambling to herself to be particularly grating.

Back to the topic of the Konami/Bloober partnership, I'm curious to see what they might be working on. I just hope that if it's secretly been a Silent Hill title all along that they'd do their research to capture the feeling correctly and do something new with the story.
I had to wait for the PS5 release so I had tempered expectations when going in. I am at the Red House area right now. I knew I was going to play this at one point but when this was announced.. https://www.videogameschronicle.com/new ... ill-links/ I grabbed it as soon as I could. I am sure both Bloober and Supermassive have tried to woo Konami into giving them Silent Hill and it Bloober won...
Annin_Tofu

Post by Annin_Tofu »

I never played this game. But the influence from Silent Hill is clear. 8-)

I seen the schedule for Tokyo Game Show, and sadly, I don't think there's even a glimmer of hope for us to see anything major today. :cry:
Otherworld

Post by Otherworld »

Hope for the best, expect the worst when it comes to Silent Hill.
Annin_Tofu

Post by Annin_Tofu »

I haven't played The Medium at all as of my writing this. I thought it looked great visually, but you know? I don't like games where you cannot fight. :mrgreen:

I got a name change because of a pest. It won't stop him bothering me, but it still flushes out his inane crap somewhat.
Otherworld

Post by Otherworld »

Annin_Tofu wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:56 am I haven't played The Medium at all as of my writing this. I thought it looked great visually, but you know? I don't like games where you cannot fight. :mrgreen:

I got a name change because of a pest. It won't stop him bothering me, but it still flushes out his inane crap somewhat.
The Medium was a decent game. It could have been thought out a little better. Oh, and I like combat too.
Annin_Tofu

Post by Annin_Tofu »

I have yet to play this. :geek:
Otherworld

Post by Otherworld »

Annin_Tofu wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 9:01 am I have yet to play this. :geek:
The Otherworld transitions where pretty cool...