Forum to read news and post comments/questions about the Community.

devil hunter

Ghost

Virus?

Post by devil hunter on Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:25 am

So, when I access the site these days the log in window doesn't work properly. I mean, it doesn't say "You successfully logged in". Log out, user control panel, messages etc. windows appear but the empty bars where I need to type in an username and a password are still there. When I log out I get a blank white page, refreshing doesn't help, it stays that way.

So, I must type in the adress of the SHC to access it again.

Sometimes some new weird page appears in a new tab too when I access the site (mostly when I log in). I thought the problem is on my end but the same thing happens on other PCs.

I'm confused and I didn't see anyone else report any problems.

Otherworld

I'm going to town either way ...

Virus?

Post by Otherworld on Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:38 am

I have never had a problem like that ,,,,,,,,,,

PinentidHead

An old Silent Hill fan old

Virus?

Post by PinentidHead on Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:43 am

Now that you mention, I had difficulties in posting yesterday. Today I did some tests and SHC is the site is slowing down my Safari. Really slow, I type and the letters come later… But this might be just a script in looping, I still didn't find any phishing, backdoor or anything like this. It's a good idea to watch webcam, I'm aware that some codes can activate it so the hacker will see you and might overload the PC. Yes, he will see you taking eca nose...

Otherworld

Virus?

Post by Otherworld on Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:31 pm

Fuuny though, as I remember another member saying something to the effect that this site wasn't safe .......

devil hunter

Ghost

Virus?

Post by devil hunter on Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:18 am

Hopefully that will be taken care of.

PinentidHead

An old Silent Hill fan old

Virus?

Post by PinentidHead on Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:51 am

The instability has stops for me. Problem is that Mac OSX make upgrades all the time, as I type. So it's hard to say why it was happening. I think it was the Flash plug in, also upgraded yesterday. They probably closed some door or fixed some bug, anyway, I'm glad it's ended.

Or might have been Kojima invading our community - humm, what are this guys talking about me…

MuFc l mAtt

Virus?

Post by MuFc l mAtt on Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:56 pm

I too have had the exact same problem devil bro, more so on my iPod though. I have fav'd this forum several times on all of my devices/machines, yet they serve no means as I just get taken to a blank white page. Strange.
-

Vestige

Virus?

Post by Vestige on Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:56 am

Wow... just as I read this topic, dismiss the tab for it, go back to my "recent topics" tab, tried to open other topic and Firefox stopped working, it wouldn't let me open it in new tab (pressing ctrl+click), so clicked directly and it opened, but that's not what I wanted so I go back and try with right mouse button, click "open in new tab" and surprise! it won't open or do nothing, so I decide to close SHC tab, and bam!, all tabs closed on FF, which on PC isn't possible O_o, in the tab bar only a + icon left (to open a new tab), clicking on it wouldn't open any new tab, so basically FF completely disabled, so i try to close it, and it says it has 14 tabs open, if I want to close them all, 14?! WTF... there's NONE, i even ctrl+tabbed to try and move to those 14 tabs... nothing... so there's really something strange going on with the site or what? Too weird of a coincidence, FF had never done this before O_o.

nur_ein_tier

SHC Admin

Jesus blows up balloons all day

Virus?

Post by nur_ein_tier on Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:34 am

I have tried logging out, etc. and haven't experienced any problems. Nothing has been changed with the site coding in over a year, so if it just showed up, it's not something I did on my end. So if I did not fix anything, it's because I'm not aware of anything that needs fixing, as it looks like only 2 or 3 people have had any problems. I have checked numerous things in the control panel, and haven't seen any problems except for a few short, temporary outages here and there.
ImageImage

Otherworld

Virus?

Post by Otherworld on Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:41 am

Maybe it would be a good idea to have the people that are having problems list OS versions and web browsers being used .....

:question:

nur_ein_tier

SHC Admin

Virus?

Post by nur_ein_tier on Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:03 am

Otherworld wrote:Maybe it would be a good idea to have the people that are having problems list OS versions and web browsers being used .....

:question:

And when the problem started happening.

No changes have been made to the code in the past year or two, and no problems have shown up when I have tried to find any. Site outages could explain white pages, though, I guess. There is nothing in the error logs except for some "page not found"s. I checked the databases and it said there were no problems there, either.
ImageImage

devil hunter

Ghost

Virus?

Post by devil hunter on Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:04 pm

Weird, I thought it was a problem on my end but it happens on every PC/laptop/whatever I try.

nur_ein_tier

SHC Admin

Virus?

Post by nur_ein_tier on Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:08 pm

I tried everything I could think of to find problems or errors and couldn't find anything.
ImageImage

devil hunter

Ghost

Virus?

Post by devil hunter on Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:33 pm

Eh, I'll try to remove all the cookies etc. later. Hopefully something will happen.

Thanks for trying though, that's what matters :)

nur_ein_tier

SHC Admin

Virus?

Post by nur_ein_tier on Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:24 pm

Hopefully the problem goes away, whatever it is. =\
ImageImage

devil hunter

Ghost

Virus?

Post by devil hunter on Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:14 pm

Nope, still getting redirected and getting viruses :/

jam6i

Virus?

Post by jam6i on Fri May 01, 2015 12:14 pm

Yeeeeeees I've had the same issue. Roughly 3/4 weeks ago I noticed that logging out redirects to a blank page. If I have the need to get back to the homepage I have to reload the address entirely. There's a minor (and similar) issue where when I log in the page will briefly redirect to the login page (where the forms are blank) before actually directing me to the page I was meant to get to after logging in.

Afaik the problem exists only on iOS devices for me. I havent noticed it on PC. And I dont use any other platform so don't know if it is an issue elsewhere.

I haven't had issues with viruses or anything, it isn't a really major problem. Slight inconvenience, but not as bad as tripping over my dog and faceplanting into the refrigerator.
There was a SIGNATURE here. It's gone now.

nur_ein_tier

SHC Admin

Virus?

Post by nur_ein_tier on Fri May 01, 2015 6:34 pm

devil hunter wrote:Nope, still getting redirected and getting viruses :/

What do you mean by "getting viruses?" I have scanned it with quite a few virus-detecting services and everything says "clean/no viruses."
Other people I've asked have suggested that you may just have a virus on your computer, or that your cache may need to be cleared.

Other people who report white pages, that could be that the server is overloaded at that time.
ImageImage

devil hunter

Ghost

Virus?

Post by devil hunter on Sat May 02, 2015 3:08 am

Sorry, didn't express myself clearly. I scanned everything and there's nothing found. Sometimes when it opens a new page when I try to log in antivirus blocks that page because it has a virus. I dunno why such sites open, it happens only when I go here.

However, I didn't get such a problem these last few days. The problem jam6i described is still here though.

Silent Wanderer

Children of the Korn

Virus?

Post by Silent Wanderer on Sat May 02, 2015 3:27 pm

Same here. Hadn't logged in for some weeks. Never faced an issue 'till now (well, except when the site had just opened in 2009 [before the merge] and there were still minor bugs that got ironed out).

No redirection for me though, just the empty login credentials boxes and white logout thingies.

Next

Return to Silent Hill Community