Forum to read news and post comments/questions about the Community.

Oohfakanorus

My Star Sign Is MURDER!

Why are we still here?

Post by Oohfakanorus on Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:50 pm

clips7 wrote:i'm still a member of Helldescent as well but I haven't checked in over there in a minute.

It's gone, man. :( All gone. And people from that group have all fallen out with each other. :cry:
I think getting The Beatles to reform would be easier than getting HellDescent to reform!
No results found for oohfakanorus.

clips7

MiNd...ExPaNsIoN...

Why are we still here?

Post by clips7 on Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:03 pm

Oohfakanorus wrote:
clips7 wrote:i'm still a member of Helldescent as well but I haven't checked in over there in a minute.

It's gone, man. :( All gone. And people from that group have all fallen out with each other. :cry:
I think getting The Beatles to reform would be easier than getting HellDescent to reform!

Wow...I didn't know that. Traffic was pretty dead there too for a while. And they was trying to recover after that scenario with one of the fans threatening one of the dev's about a game....some real nasty stuff, but it seemed like that site never really recovered after that scenario...there was some good folks over there as well..... :|
Knowledge, Wisdom and Understanding....these are the basic fundamentals of life....

If you can't amaze them with brilliance, baffle them with bulls**t...

Alistair

Swooping Is Bad!

Why are we still here?

Post by Alistair on Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:38 pm

I remember Hell Descent....I stayed on for another year after it returned, but just gave up after a while. It was just too dead.
I do wish I had joined this place sooner instead of just looking around as a guest. I must've missed out on so many great discussions.

Naroon

Pillman's got a gun!

Why are we still here?

Post by Naroon on Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:19 pm

I thought Helldescent came back after a while? I used to post over there in 2007 and 2008 I think. Then I remember the website exploded for some reason and came back a while later. So it died again? Wowza.

As far this forum goes?....I like the format of this forum as well. The dark green colors and theme is a lot easier on the eyes than Silent Hill Heaven. I just can't take websites that implement white backgrounds....my eyes...man...my eyes!!

Yeppers. I hate white and bright backgrounds. It's gotten to the point where I use add-ons and custom scripts on my Firefox to change the colors and design templates of a lot of sites just to stop my eyes from getting raped.

devil hunter

Ghost

Why are we still here?

Post by devil hunter on Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:59 am

Yeah, it came back but it was really really dead. I think the new look of the site was turning people off, if it looked like the one before maybe it would've been more successful. But it finally got shut down recently.

Ratiocinator

Partner

Undeniably Nerdy. Exceedingly Cool.

Why are we still here?

Post by Ratiocinator on Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:10 pm

Naroon wrote:
I stay here for the vast community of people.

I miss the days when I first signed up here, around early 2011 or so. There was a lot more traffic here in 2011~2013 than there is now. I guess it's understandable since SHs got canned and not much else is happening with the series, as well as so many topics have been discussed to death. It doesn't help that there are multiple other SH forums out there, so the overall community is fragmented.

Who knows, maybe some day there will be some actual good news in the SH world and there will be a small resurgence of activity...

There was definitely more traffic back then but this place has never been a' hustlin' and a' bustlin'. That's a big reason why I wanted to merge with Fungo then eventually Amy. There was too many forums which split the already terribly small fanbase in all sorts of directions. Besides SHHF (which too is sadly kind of "dead" these days as well), are there any other SH forums still active and going (relatively) strong? In any case, IRL got in the way of me managing this place but you can bet your ass I wasn't going to abandon it like others did in Purr's post. I'm still happy Amy was the one who took it upon herself to take over the domain and forums. :)

DipDop

Why are we still here?

Post by DipDop on Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:19 am

This community is nice.

PinentidHead

An old Silent Hill fan old

Why are we still here?

Post by PinentidHead on Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:31 pm

Yes, people here are nice. I'm still here because I fell inside the community, and I consider members as friends. It's strange, at list for me. I never see anybody here in the "real world", most of them I don't even know if is male/female/whatever…

I have some bad moments here too, not by coincidence, at the same time I have bad moments in my real life. Even being avatars in a "virtual world", it seams the mind can't see the difference. What is this? We are still to know this world, as we live on it. So I don't know the reason why we are still here, I fell a strong reason, and I'm glad!

what

From behind the veil

Why are we still here?

Post by what on Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:13 pm

Purramid_Head wrote:Thank you, but there are others who have been around longer than me. ERROR and Nur have been around since 1999, I think What may have been around then too.

I didn't start out as a living encyclopedia of SH, I spent years studying, debating, and a bunch of other things. In short, it was a lot of refining and I was wrong about some things, but I learned better. :)

Oct. 15, 2002, for me. I joined GameFAQs under the name Big Red Pyramid Head, and started posting on the Silent Hill boards. Made my way to SHHF exactly 18 months later, to the day. That has been one of the most momentous internet things I've ever done, because I met my wife there. I don't actually remember how I got to Silent Hill Talk, but it seems that I did, somehow.

nur_ein_tier

SHC Admin

Jesus blows up balloons all day

Why are we still here?

Post by nur_ein_tier on Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:56 pm

I'm here because (1) John passed on the ownership of the site to me =] and (2) many of the people here somehow put up my bullshit and insanity, and I am deeply grateful for that. Have made some great friends here.

But yeah, the traffic comes and goes, partly because that happens in most forums, and partly due to SH-related news and things.
ImageImage

Vengur

Warcraft is my jam.

Why are we still here?

Post by Vengur on Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:57 am

I'm here because I'm bored and sharing my life and opinion to strangers is unwarranted fun.
Why does the Devil have a monopoly on buying souls?

jam6i

Why are we still here?

Post by jam6i on Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:12 pm

Whoa HellDescent is gone? I didnt even know that. I went there every now and then but it was so dead I stopped visiting.

I was a member over there for quite awhile (same username), and possibly had more posts there than I do here now.

But then one day, THE EVENT happened. Helldescent went haywire. Shut down. Kaput. And there was a mass exodus to SH Community. I believe that day is the same as my join date seen under my dog. I honestly wasnt sure, then, that I would even stick around. My hope was that Hell Descent would come back kicking and I'd jump back over there. But HD never got its groove back, right? So I stayed put.

Ah yes, in the member search on page 45 is when THE EVENT happened.

Damn it was almost 4 years ago? Damn.
There was a SIGNATURE here. It's gone now.

Parvatii

Mind of Destructive Taste

Why are we still here?

Post by Parvatii on Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:17 pm

Vengur wrote:I'm here because I'm bored and sharing my life and opinion to strangers is unwarranted fun.

It's good therapy. :flame:
WHY NOT ZOIDBERG? (V)(;,,,;)(V)

Tenebra

... I meant everything.

Why are we still here?

Post by Tenebra on Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:55 am

I definitely am not here because I'm bored, If that were so, I would be looking for any other forum with more activity, it would be the same for me. But that's not the case ... I'm here because I really like the community and because I love Silent Hill and I always did, as simple as that.

Naroon

Pillman's got a gun!

Why are we still here?

Post by Naroon on Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:49 am

Yeah I remember when that exodus happened, we had a shit-load of new members here but like >90% of them didn't wind up staying lol.

Rodox_Head

Just here for the chit-chat

Why are we still here?

Post by Rodox_Head on Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:56 pm

I gots no place else ta go.
"Well I like to know what I'm doing when I do it, and I do what I'm doing 'cause I don't know what to do when I'm not doing it"

PinentidHead

An old Silent Hill fan old

Why are we still here?

Post by PinentidHead on Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:46 pm

Naroon wrote:Yeah I remember when that exodus happened, we had a shit-load of new members here but like >90% of them didn't wind up staying lol.

Yes, there is 3565 members in this community, including a lot with zero post - why these guys ever did join? Voyeurs?

By the way, the top activity is Purramid, that I don't see for a while. You, Naroon, Otherworld, nur, Princess and CrazyCatLady (didn't see either) must be the most active members. I am in another group that "do the job" with 1 post per day average. We might be about 30 or 60 people keeping this community alive, but I risk to say there is a substantial impact in the Internet - at list I'm curious about...

what

From behind the veil

Why are we still here?

Post by what on Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:53 am

I think this place is pretty much it as far as Silent Hill forums go. The only other one I know of is Heaven, and that place has been on life support for the last three years.

Otherworld

I'm going to town either way ...

Why are we still here?

Post by Otherworld on Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:58 pm

This is a very pleasant community to be a part of. The discussion here is a lot more mature than a lot of other places. I really like it here and I love Silent Hill.

Win win.

Perry Mason

Otherworld Lawyer

Why are we still here?

Post by Perry Mason on Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:57 pm

I haven't posted on here in over a year but I'm glad to see the forum still around and going strong after all what happened with P.T. I plan to stick around and post more.
The offices of Mason, Dombrowski, and Pyramidhead are now open again (relocated to the lofts overlooking Heaven's Night).

PreviousNext

Return to Silent Hill Community