Forum to read news and post comments/questions about the Community.

PinentidHead

An old Silent Hill fan old

The END of this community!

Post by PinentidHead on Sat May 03, 2014 11:02 pm

Did you ever think about? If the franchise is abandoned, less people coming in...

Everything ends someday, somehow. But I'm not worry with this kind of Discovery Channel's view. Communities can last "forever" (let's forget the cosmological time) but even so, a round, or a stage ends. However, I don't think we should try to think ahead (how many years this community has left and how to stay alive) as a corporation. My purpose is to think as Stephen Hawking, just see the curves of time. Where is the border of SHCommunity time?

I think the franchise has change, probably will not come back to original horror survival, and this forum mechanics is getting older fast. My suggestion is to think in a new way of interaction, maybe closer to Facebook, or think even ahead. Also, I don't see way not be open to another horror survival games and movies, we don't have to stop being a Silent Hill Community for that, though.

Or this can be that corner of the square where old guys play chess and tell old stories...

Parvatii

The Red God

Post by Parvatii on Sat May 03, 2014 11:16 pm

I've bee here since 2006. With activities that were up and down. I only spent one week away from this place since then because the lack pf moderation when it was silent hill talk pissed me off. If it dies, I gp down with the ship at this point. That's because I'm one of the most loyal of all the members for some reason.
WHY NOT ZOIDBERG? (V)(;,,,;)(V)

Moss

Post by Moss on Sat May 03, 2014 11:58 pm

Quite melodramatic. Relax. :)
Silent Hill abbreviated is SH. Survival Horror abbreivated is SH. If you pronounce 'SH' in a Japanese accent, it it pronounced as 'see'. Do you 'see' Silent Hill is the Survival of Survival Horror- the prophet?

Naroon

Pillman's got a gun!

Post by Naroon on Sun May 04, 2014 3:00 am

I don't think this place will die out anytime soon. Even if the series officially died, people would still come here (it's been two years since Downpour and BoM came out, and this place is still active.)

BBrad

Post by BBrad on Sun May 04, 2014 6:11 am

It depends on numerous factors I guess, look at SH5.net (HD). It is struggling pretty bad now (if not dead) but back in the day it was the shit.

Parvatii

The Red God

Post by Parvatii on Sun May 04, 2014 6:32 am

Pretty much that.^

It's a race for me at this point. Who will die first? Me or Silent Hill Community? ♡♡♡

Wouldn't it be ironic if SHC won and outlived me? ;-)

BBrad

Post by BBrad on Sun May 04, 2014 7:11 am

If a new SH title is released you can expect a flood of new users though.

If there is something I would want from HD over here it would be an SHC chatbox...

Naroon

Pillman's got a gun!

Post by Naroon on Sun May 04, 2014 7:30 am

From what I recall, HD went down at one point and it was unclear whether or not it'd ever return. So many of the previously-active users probably simply never knew the site came back, and thus didn't return.

Parvatii

The Red God

Post by Parvatii on Sun May 04, 2014 7:30 am

Before silent hill talk merged here we had one and a chat room.

Oohfakanorus

My Star Sign Is MURDER!

Post by Oohfakanorus on Sun May 04, 2014 7:38 am

A chat room would kill this place though! If you want to say something here you have to post. I'm fine with that. As much as I love HD, it's chat room is seeing more action than it's forums are. And I can see that happening with any site that installs a chat room.
Or maybe it's me? Do a poll!
As for the end of this community, it's not as bad as the online Pink Floyd community where having nothing to report on or listen to basically repeat the same old arguments and fight with each other!
This community has massive health in comparison!
No results found for oohfakanorus.

Floodclaw

Post by Floodclaw on Sun May 04, 2014 10:01 am

I don't think the community will ever really 'die out', so to speak. This place is one of the bastions for Silent Hill, and that is all it needs to be. There will be fluxes, rises and falls of the tide, be we will always be, one way or another.

devil hunter

Ghost

Post by devil hunter on Sun May 04, 2014 10:19 am

NarooN wrote:From what I recall, HD went down at one point and it was unclear whether or not it'd ever return.

I think that was the problem of the old HD site closing. That's why we lost a lot of people. It wasn't because of lack of interest in the series or something. The new site isn't as good as the first one

Moss

Post by Moss on Sun May 04, 2014 8:19 pm

Princess Lea wrote:A chat room would kill this place though! If you want to say something here you have to post. I'm fine with that. As much as I love HD, it's chat room is seeing more action than it's forums are. And I can see that happening with any site that installs a chat room.
Or maybe it's me? Do a poll!
As for the end of this community, it's not as bad as the online Pink Floyd community where having nothing to report on or listen to basically repeat the same old arguments and fight with each other!
This community has massive health in comparison!

Eh, this is an ageless debate on all forums on which I've moderated/managed/participated. Personally, I feel chat and bonding that wouldn't happen over the conventional forum is facilitated and the feature further incorporates people.
Silent Hill abbreviated is SH. Survival Horror abbreivated is SH. If you pronounce 'SH' in a Japanese accent, it it pronounced as 'see'. Do you 'see' Silent Hill is the Survival of Survival Horror- the prophet?

PinentidHead

An old Silent Hill fan old

Post by PinentidHead on Sun May 04, 2014 9:54 pm

Not sure if a chat room will work here, maybe will break the mood. Good thing is that we can imagine parallel world here. We are not a org nor for profit purposes, so we don't need to have a "face", change from night to day. We can keep this engine and develop another altogether and use both - see what's better (will use the same database). You see? Otherworld...

Personally, I imagine a horizontal forum to fit better in newer displays (I'm advising my customers to do so) with posts as individual boxes with vertical rules, at list a "like it" button and several resources to improve interaction - make it easier. All in jQuery or similar, with phone version, etc.. Ok, it's a dream. But I got to rebuild my own site (it was attacked again) and I'll probably have many cool tools at hand in a month or two.

Don't worry, Purramid, I'll save you from die or a worst destiny: be alone and lost in SHC...

nur_ein_tier

SHC Admin

Jesus blows up balloons all day

Post by nur_ein_tier on Sun May 04, 2014 10:12 pm

Yeah, we're discussed chat rooms before and it's not happening. i don't like "like" buttons on forums, either, it can turn it into a popularity contest.
ImageImage

Princess Kenny

The fairest princess in all the land.

Post by Princess Kenny on Sun May 04, 2014 10:53 pm

nur_ein_tier wrote:Yeah, we're discussed chat rooms before and it's not happening. i don't like "like" buttons on forums, either, it can turn it into a popularity contest.

And you can have dumbasses begging for likes.
The user formally known as Walter White. Also formally formally known as OneFreeMan.

nur_ein_tier

SHC Admin

Jesus blows up balloons all day

Post by nur_ein_tier on Sun May 04, 2014 10:58 pm

Yeah, I'm on 2 other forums with "likes," and I still believe they only belong on Facebook.

Also, I think if you like a post, you should make a reply and tell everyone WHY you like it, rather than clicking a "like" button and then leaving the thread. It doesn't help improve the discussion.
ImageImage

Princess Kenny

The fairest princess in all the land.

Post by Princess Kenny on Sun May 04, 2014 11:09 pm

nur_ein_tier wrote:Yeah, I'm on 2 other forums with "likes," and I still believe they only belong on Facebook.

Also, I think if you like a post, you should make a reply and tell everyone WHY you like it, rather than clicking a "like" button and then leaving the thread. It doesn't help improve the discussion.

I like this post because it exposes the idiocy of the like system.
The user formally known as Walter White. Also formally formally known as OneFreeMan.

Whitney

Partner

Silent Hill Historical Society Curator

Post by Whitney on Mon May 05, 2014 12:12 am

Been here since this place opened and not planning on leaving. I may not post a lot but I do lurk and read the threads. I don't like chatrooms because if you aren't there at the time you can miss a good discussion which beats the purpose of having a forum. People stop making threads and converse on chat instead.
My Websites!
Image Image Image

Alistair

Swooping Is Bad!

Post by Alistair on Mon May 05, 2014 1:21 am

I've been stalking following this community several years now.
I think now that I've joined, I won't ever really leave and post whenever I can, unless the place just decides to die one day. :lol:
Several other forums I've visited over the years have died down in activity or just disappeared altogether, I wouldn't want that to happen to this place. I love all the discussions on the series!

Next

Return to Silent Hill Community