Forum to read news and post comments/questions about the Community.

Showalter

Help with Toymunkey Studios

Post by Showalter on Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:54 am

Hi,
Thanks in advance for any help. Ordered 3 shirts from these guys and have nothing to show for it. Can anyone out there help me. The order was made on the 31st of July. All I heard from them so far is a request for payment of postage which they retracted in under an hour as I had fully paid. Again thanks for any help.

nur_ein_tier

SHC Admin

Post by nur_ein_tier on Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:12 am

I know they were having some delays, but I have seen people getting their merchandise on Facebook, it just was taking longer than expected.
ImageImageImage

Pale Bishop

+-Fear not the unexplained-+

Post by Pale Bishop on Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:36 pm

This has led to nothing, hasn't it? I haven't heard of any shirts being shipped since but it's possible I merely missed it. I have an order out for a statue with nothing to show for it, myself. Worse, it's looking more and more like since that money's gone I'm missing more and more opportunities to get said statue, which I could have by now if I had ever gotten my money back from Toymunkey. I don't understand U.S. law on this kind of thing, being Canadian, so I have to wonder... is it ever legal to take money and not deliver product? And, if it isn't, what can be done about it if the company in question isn't registered with the BBB?

Ratiocinator

Partner

Undeniably Nerdy. Exceedingly Cool.

Post by Ratiocinator on Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:34 am

If you haven't received your order from TMS at this point you probably won't. Gecco has removed its ties with ToyMunkey some time back and has since found a new US distributor. I would try and contact PayPal or your credit card company at this point and see if they can refund your purchase but I fear it may be too late at this point.

Pale Bishop

+-Fear not the unexplained-+

Post by Pale Bishop on Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:51 am

I'm aware of the Toymunkey/Gecco split and public condemnation. But what US law protects me from fraud here? Toymunkey are frauds, plain and simple. They never intended to send a product. It's far too late, and has been for over a year, for Paypal to help. I don't understand why:

-money went out
-product didn't
-company money was sent to was proven to be completely disreputable
and yet nothing can be done??

In Canada there are tons of laws on the part of the consumer, and most of them don't have a time limit from the research I've been doing. What can you tell me on the American side? It's under US jurisdiction, unfortunately.

Return to Silent Hill Community