Forum to read news and post comments/questions about the Community.

PinentidHead

An old Silent Hill fan old

Time to go mobile, shall we?

Post by PinentidHead on Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:35 pm

Past week I was outside of my ROOM, I was on a beach taking some vacations! I was in a cheap inn but still got a good wifi, so that's why I could keep posting. However, to create a post with a picture reach the limit of this website in a small smartphone (Galaxy Y) - it's virtually impossible! It's already hard zooming and sliding all the time!

I think we need a mobile front-end for this community. I was looking at phpBB and I found this minimalistic solution:

https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/style/prosilver_mobile/

However, some visual customization will be needed though...

C3H6N6O6

Post by C3H6N6O6 on Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:54 am

This would be great if it was a app because I don't use my computer for anythng other than gaming. I find it pointlessto start up my computer, which takes forever, just to go on here for ten minutes so it would be great if this wag turned into an app.
hej

nur_ein_tier

SHC Admin

Post by nur_ein_tier on Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:27 am

Not a RE fan wrote:This would be great if it was a app because I don't use my computer for anythng other than gaming. I find it pointlessto start up my computer, which takes forever, just to go on here for ten minutes so it would be great if this wag turned into an app.

I installed that mobile theme in the OP. It should be available in the user control panel.

I don't know anything about making apps, nor do I have any mobile devices on which to test them.
ImageImageImage

ERROR

Post by ERROR on Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:31 pm

I just tried the mobile version. . . . Didn't work so well. You can't navigate the site in any way other than section-by-section—so, no View new posts, etc.—and once I changed the setting, I couldn't go back in to change it to anything else. I was lucky enough to be able to go back on my browser far enough without it resetting.

I'd like to use prosilver, but I don't like how the users' information is on the right side of the screen instead of the usual left side. Can that be changed?
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.

nur_ein_tier

SHC Admin

Post by nur_ein_tier on Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:37 pm

I can look into it when I don't have so much work to do, maybe add some links or something. Maybe it would be easier to edit prosilver though? I will try to look into it.
ImageImageImage

Silenthill4life

Post by Silenthill4life on Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:58 am

This would be cool. I've never browsed this website on a mobile before.

Xuchilbara

The Red God

Post by Xuchilbara on Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:43 am

Last time the mobile version was implemented it went horribly.
WHY NOT ZOIDBERG? (V)(;,,,;)(V)

nur_ein_tier

SHC Admin

Post by nur_ein_tier on Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:51 am

Yeah, and I don't have any mobile devices to test it on, so I really can't do it.
ImageImageImage

clips7

MiNd...ExPaNsIoN...

Post by clips7 on Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:59 am

Could be a nice way to expand the brand so to speak, but i honestly just come to the site by way of pc's...at my house and at work. Too bad the first outing didn't go so well, but i think the site has a generous amount of traffic. I want to say that this site is probably the most popular SH site on the net.... 8-)
Knowledge, Wisdom and Understanding....these are the basic fundamentals of life....

If you can't amaze them with brilliance, baffle them with bulls**t...

Silenthill4life

Post by Silenthill4life on Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:09 am

Purramid_Head wrote:Last time the mobile version was implemented it went horribly.

Oh well, PC it is then!

Rodox_Head

Just here for the chit-chat

Post by Rodox_Head on Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:08 am

Silenthill4life wrote:
Purramid_Head wrote:Last time the mobile version was implemented it went horribly.

Oh well, PC it is then!

PC is master race. Dirty mobile peasants.
"Well I like to know what I'm doing when I do it, and I do what I'm doing 'cause I don't know what to do when I'm not doing it"

Return to Silent Hill Community