Forum to read news and post comments/questions about the Community.

nur_ein_tier

SHC Admin

Jesus blows up balloons all day

Forum suggestions

Post by nur_ein_tier on Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:50 am

Since people have asked many times, I did merge the Downpour forums, because I think it's about that time.

Also, I made a new subforum for Silent Hills, so please put all discussion of Silent Hills and the P.T. in there.
ImageImage

Silenthill4life

Forum suggestions

Post by Silenthill4life on Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:13 pm

Is there a way to deactivate your account manually without having to pm a moderator, etc?

nur_ein_tier

SHC Admin

Forum suggestions

Post by nur_ein_tier on Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:32 am

No, we don't delete accounts here because it would mess up the forums and the discussions. Anyone who wishes to leave can just stop using their account, though.
ImageImage

Silenthill4life

Forum suggestions

Post by Silenthill4life on Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:50 am

nur_ein_tier wrote:No, we don't delete accounts here because it would mess up the forums and the discussions. Anyone who wishes to leave can just stop using their account, though.

Thank you for the reply

If after not logging in for a certain period of time (the span of several months or years) does your account become inactive? Like your password resets making it inaccessible without emailing admin?

nur_ein_tier

SHC Admin

Forum suggestions

Post by nur_ein_tier on Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:54 am

I don't understand how that would be beneficial (I'm not in the habit of locking people out of their own accounts for no reason). Usually, only the person who made the account knows the password. If that person doesn't want to use the account, they can simply stop visiting the site.
ImageImage

Oohfakanorus

My Star Sign Is MURDER!

Forum suggestions

Post by Oohfakanorus on Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:47 pm

Silenthill4life wrote:Is there a way to deactivate your account manually without having to pm a moderator, etc?

Please stay! What's wrong? (And I'm not a troll, I really 100% accept what I said in the aliens thread!)
We'd all miss you if you leave!
No results found for oohfakanorus.

Silenthill4life

Forum suggestions

Post by Silenthill4life on Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:21 am

Oohfakanorus wrote:
Silenthill4life wrote:Is there a way to deactivate your account manually without having to pm a moderator, etc?

Please stay! What's wrong? (And I'm not a troll, I really 100% accept what I said in the aliens thread!)

Thanks for the kind words bro and I know you aren't a troll

It's just I have a busy schedule ahead of me and I didn't want to be too tempted to spend my time on this awesome website.

Gauss

Forum suggestions

Post by Gauss on Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:10 pm

Silenthill4life wrote:
Oohfakanorus wrote:

Thanks for the kind words bro and I know you aren't a troll

It's just I have a busy schedule ahead of me and I didn't want to be too tempted to spend my time on this awesome website.

Various extensions and apps exist so you can block the site temporarily. http://alternativeto.net/software/selfcontrol/
There's always a lighthouse, there's always a man, there's always a city

Silenthill4life

Forum suggestions

Post by Silenthill4life on Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:17 am

fromelmstreet wrote:
Various extensions and apps exist so you can block the site temporarily. http://alternativeto.net/software/selfcontrol/

Thanks dude. Appreciate it!

nur_ein_tier

SHC Admin

Forum suggestions

Post by nur_ein_tier on Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:30 am

Some changes:
  • Thread directories have been made for most of the games, which are very much works in progress but should help people wiht finding topics that have already been discussed. They are stickies in each respective subforum. If you have a question or think something should be added/removed, feel free to discuss in those topics.
  • The subforums for the 2006 movie and SHR3D have been moved into a movies subforum.
  • I merged several things, like all the "sh1 remake" topics to eliminate so many repeat threads.
ImageImage

Tenebra

... I meant everything.

Forum suggestions

Post by Tenebra on Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:57 pm

Hi... I'm new here and don't know if this ever was discussed and if so I apologize, but I thought to open a thread in the movies subforums about Jacob's Ladder where we can discuss the film itself and its relations with SH.

However I found that there is already a thread:

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=431966

Now this thread is in the Silent Hill General Discussion subforum. Don't you think it should be in the movies subforum? It would help to decompress a little the Silent Hill General Discussion subforum & In addition it would expand the content of the movies subforum, because it would not be limited to only the 2 Sh films, but could also be a good place to discuss other related films (for example: Session 9) that have influenced SH and / or vice versa, of course only movies that are related to Silent Hill.

It's just an idea that I thought of sharing.

nur_ein_tier

SHC Admin

Forum suggestions

Post by nur_ein_tier on Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:06 pm

Well, I don't really want to start making subforums for every movie that influenced the series, because there are a lot of them, and I only merged the 2 SH movie forums into their own subforum to make space on the main page. (Each of these was one subforum on the main page.) Also, that area has always been for SH movies only, so I'm not sure anyone would look for topics there,

The Jacob's Ladder topic is only in the General SH because it would fit in both the SH2 and SH3 forums.
ImageImage

nur_ein_tier

SHC Admin

Forum suggestions

Post by nur_ein_tier on Wed May 06, 2015 11:37 pm

"Silent Hill: Main Series" (the category description above the games subforums) has been changed so it says "Silent Hill: Games."

"Silent Hills" will stay under this category as a main forum for now, waiting for more info like if they're going to make something else with a different name. PT subforum will stay under there for now so as not to confuse anyone, since that's where epopel are talking the most right now, but will eventually be moved to "other games" once the excitement dies down.

"Other games" subforum is listed under the main games in the series and will include subforums for cellphone games, SHPN, etc. The BoM forum and SHHD has been moved there. I'm considering SHHD as a minor release right now, rather than a place to talk about SH2 or SH3, which can/should be done in the main forums for those games. SHHD forum is specifically to complain about that release, and many people are probably sick of looking at it on the main page anyway. BoM is not an active subforum, and hardly a major game so I've hidden it there as all. I am still working on moving threads into the appropriate places.

I am also trying to fix up the "Thread directories" in the forums for each game.

ETA: 5/8/15:
Made the largest changes here:
viewforum.php?f=3339

I have basically put all the less-active stuff, like SHHD and BoM, as well as making sections for comic, etc. discussion. The movies also went in there. Right now it needs tidied up a bit but I figured this could (1)tidy up the main page, and I have listed the stuff so you can see what's in there on the main page under "other games, movies, comics." and (2) it could actually stimulate discussion in these sections since people who click will be reminded of their existence (many of these topics were buried on page 31 of "general sh discussion"). I still have a lot of stuff to move into the new subforums so some are pretty empty at this point.

Questions, comments, disagreements? Please post here. I realize it's not perfect at this point.
ImageImage

nur_ein_tier

SHC Admin

Forum suggestions

Post by nur_ein_tier on Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:32 am

The following subforums were added in the Modding subforum:

Silent Hill Fan Works has been moved from the "Modding and Fan Works" subforum. It now shows up on the main page under "Silent Hill: Additional."
ImageImage

nur_ein_tier

SHC Admin

Forum suggestions

Post by nur_ein_tier on Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:56 pm

moar smilies
:skull: :chainsaw: :Whip: :cut: :transform: :turtle: :coin: :potion: :shyguy: :brows: :fish: :fuckyou: :punch: :robbiehead: :squid: :butt: :kirby: :wave:
ImageImage

devil hunter

Ghost

Forum suggestions

Post by devil hunter on Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:14 am

Why does that "O" in Origins look more like a zero? I never understood that.

Otherworld

I'm going to town either way ...

Forum suggestions

Post by Otherworld on Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:46 am

devil hunter wrote:Why does that "O" in Origins look more like a zero? I never understood that.

Because it is called Silent Hill Zero in Japan.

nur_ein_tier

SHC Admin

Forum suggestions

Post by nur_ein_tier on Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:27 pm

Right. Zer0rigins.
ImageImage

what

From behind the veil

Forum suggestions

Post by what on Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:12 pm

It's the next integer before (Silent Hill) 1.

Oohfakanorus

My Star Sign Is MURDER!

Forum suggestions

Post by Oohfakanorus on Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:35 pm

nur_ein_tier wrote: :fuckyou:

Well that's going to make the forum friendlier! (Although imagine the threads it could have been used in? :nom:
No results found for oohfakanorus.

PreviousNext

Return to Silent Hill Community