AlchemillaHsospital

Old Silent Hill Recreation | Unity 3D | [WIP]

Talk about modding SH 1 here
admin
Site Admin

Old Silent Hill Recreation | Unity 3D | [WIP]

Post by admin »

Gyromancy wrote:Hi guys, i finally started to work on this proyect that i always wanted to do, now that i got some free time i can make it without any problem and rush. My goal is to remake the entire Old SH area. The level is built with 1x1 meter squares like in the original game, this allows me to recreate an exact replica, each building, sidewalks, streets, light post, signs etc are conformed with 1x1 meter squares.

These are the programs that im using:

GOOGLE SKETCHUP --------( For 3D moddeling )
WINGS 3D ----------------------( For UV Mapping )
PHOTOSHOP ------------------( For textures )
UNITY 3D -----------------------( Graphic Engine )

I use the ¨Line Mode¨ in ePSXe for reference to build each building in G.Sketchup in 1x1 square meters, then i export it to Wings 3D to apply the UV Map, then i create the textures wiht Photoshop and finally export it into Unity 3D in 3DS Format.

Zoom in (real dimensions: 2299 x 341)Image

As you can see in the image above, the building has 10 meters high and 16 meters wide.
Each door has two meters high and 1 meter wide, the windows are the same. In this particular case, the building above has the door with 2,50 meters high by 1 meter wide. The sidewalks are 4x4 meters each one etc. The whole building is divided in various groups to make it work with the Occlusion Culling in Unity 3D. The same rule apply for each building.

Here is a video i made showing what i got so far, notice that there are some placeholders buildings, that not corresponds to the OLD SH Area, these are some early buildings that I did before starting this project.
Those buildings, are from Central SH area, Green Pharmacy, the building with stairs etc, so ignore them.

By last, here is a download link for everyone who wants to try this demo- 30MB

DOWNLOAD OSH_DEMO
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/304 ... 41_OSH.rar

MIRROR DOWNLOAD (Thanks to PaulSilentin)
https://www.mediafire.com/?nrp7x6tnhtqhpnx

NOTE: I got some problems with the trees, for some reason the game lags a bit, guess it has too much polygons (foliage). So, If anyone wants to help me creating a low poly tree it will be helpful :) It must be the same shape like in original game.

Right now im making a few buildings from the right side of the bridge, front of Convenience Store.
Also, i have to make traffic lights, mailboxes, hydrants, drain pipes etc.

I will update this thread continuously, so stay tuned