AlchemillaHsospital

Solid entry

Discuss Silent Hill: Downpour here.
Otherworld

Solid entry

Post by Otherworld »

I liked Downpour, I believe the sidequests actually hurt the game.

The Evil Within 2 is a perfect example of how to make sidequests in this type of game work. They always have to relate to the protagonists narrative.

As Murphy, it really didn't make any sense to do a sidequest that would not be part of his narrative.
I'm going to town either way.
Norus_Rebirthed

Re: Solid entry

Post by Norus_Rebirthed »

The chorus of Team Silent will forever echo with this game's title being posted.
I loved it. It recognised I was going for collectables and eased off on confrontation.
And when I went to complete the story the downpour returned.
Really solid Silent Hill concept. Maybe needed more time. The patch was effective.
It was enjoyable being Murphy Pendleton. Probably the most fun we've had since Heather Mason?
Henry bless him wasn't Murphy. Alex was too hyper(!) and could never warm to Travis.
As spooky in sound and creature designs the other games have. It's only Downpour that can get out of me the biggest "FUCK!!!" when those damn doors slam.
Despite its familiarity, the chases are a lot more tense than the inconveniences annoying say.
I love you Downpour! I was late to Silent Hill and got into the series in 2007. Homecoming took a while to get to PS3. But Downpour was the first game to say I was there at its launch. Remember the forum (Hell Descent) that had interviews with staff.
It's heartbreaking to think that studio went bust. I think if the online response to the game was so bad, it seems like never making a title after Silent Hill 2, due to the online response to 2 not having anything to do with Silent Hill.
Downpour stands to be reclaimed as the great game it is. Whenever consoles get launched, Silent Hill should always be the lead title association. It doesn't and yes I know which brand does.
A second HD Collection featuring Homecoming and Downpour! With new bugs patched, upgraded etc.
See, why haven't we even had that? Already got them but would be a better way of introducing new people to Silent Hill than clearing residual bullshits with the Team Silent stuff.
Downpour I salute thee!
*Hits screamer with pickaxe to replicate "For Those About To Rock" cannon fire
Otherworld

Post by Otherworld »

Norus_Rebirthed wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:36 pm The chorus of Team Silent will forever echo with this game's title being posted.
I loved it. It recognised I was going for collectables and eased off on confrontation.
And when I went to complete the story the downpour returned.
Really solid Silent Hill concept. Maybe needed more time. The patch was effective.
It was enjoyable being Murphy Pendleton. Probably the most fun we've had since Heather Mason?
Henry bless him wasn't Murphy. Alex was too hyper(!) and could never warm to Travis.
As spooky in sound and creature designs the other games have. It's only Downpour that can get out of me the biggest "FUCK!!!" when those damn doors slam.
Despite its familiarity, the chases are a lot more tense than the inconveniences annoying say.
I love you Downpour! I was late to Silent Hill and got into the series in 2007. Homecoming took a while to get to PS3. But Downpour was the first game to say I was there at its launch. Remember the forum (Hell Descent) that had interviews with staff.
It's heartbreaking to think that studio went bust. I think if the online response to the game was so bad, it seems like never making a title after Silent Hill 2, due to the online response to 2 not having anything to do with Silent Hill.
Downpour stands to be reclaimed as the great game it is. Whenever consoles get launched, Silent Hill should always be the lead title association. It doesn't and yes I know which brand does.
A second HD Collection featuring Homecoming and Downpour! With new bugs patched, upgraded etc.
See, why haven't we even had that? Already got them but would be a better way of introducing new people to Silent Hill than clearing residual bullshits with the Team Silent stuff.
Downpour I salute thee!
*Hits screamer with pickaxe to replicate "For Those About To Rock" cannon fire

I could not count how many times that door slam got me too.

I really liked how Murphy opened the doors as well.
I'm going to town either way.
Annin_Tofu

Post by Annin_Tofu »

The only part I didn't like was the puzzle in the theater. I couldn't turn the drum in time to make it rain. :lol: