AlchemillaHsospital

Halloween Thread

Talk among fellow members about happenings going on with you.
admin
Site Admin

Halloween Thread

Post by admin »

:mira:

It's not Halloween month quite yet, but I'm sure Xuchilbara made a thread on the forums in previous years and we need one this year also.

If you're doing anything at all, feel free to post. No need for pics yet because it's early.

Thinking of dressing like the Babadook but not sure, I have lots of Halloween makeup. Greasepaint kind and water based. And hats and tailcoats and such. :rip:
Xuchilbara

Re: Halloween Thread

Post by Xuchilbara »

I may or may not dress up this year. I have a lot of doc appointments and work won't allow it.

But it's my favorite holiday. I like it even more than my birthday, which says a lot because I love myself, and my history doesn't start until Feb 1987. Many historical things people hold dear I consider irrelevant before that date. But the ones I do think are always relevant, such as Halloween, I tend to be crazy about. :robbie:
"Speak.
I am the Crimson One.
The lies and the mist are
not they, but I.
You all know that I am One.
Yes, and the One is I."
- Me, probably
Norus_Rebirthed

Post by Norus_Rebirthed »

Still have the sweets from last year's lockdown they can have!
A few years ago a local poetry group had stuff on Halloween. But they've froze me out.
Not planning anything but refuse to be Jamie Lee Curtis. :lol:
rodox_head

Post by rodox_head »

Probably won't dress up since I don't plan on going outside then, nor do I have anyone to take a picture of me dressed up, but I still would have wanted to dress as Creepy Susie. Of course if I throw on a loose long sleeve shirt im L Lawliet from Death Note, I've already got both of their hunches :P
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.
Otherworld

Post by Otherworld »

Very happy I will be able to take my boy out this year. Something like this makes it feel like we are starting to get back to normal.
I'm going to town either way.
Norus_Rebirthed

The next series of Doctor Who (which will be an entire story throughout for the first time since 1986) is shown on UKTV on Halloween. So my hands are pretty much tied!
Annin_Tofu

Post by Annin_Tofu »

I still haven't seen the last Halloween movie.

I watch horror films every week, being a collector. I find the genre has gotten too oversaturated. I struggle to even watch every film now, as I find they just fail to keep my interest. I think some of them are boring. :?

Maybe I'm not the horror fan I thought I was. LOL. But anyway, you should watch some Christmas themed horror tonight, for that holiday jeer. :lol:
Norus_Rebirthed

Didn't do anything for last October's Halloween.
Cost of living bullshit! Some sweets for those who knocked. But not many did.
Of course 2023 I could dress as a vampire and spend all night by the staircase playing my keyboard to the trick or treaters.
Opening door with a knife gets you in trouble.
Why wouldn't it? Even a plastic knife would get an armed response.
Actually, keep keyboard hidden, just wear a cape and that joke teeth cracker thing.
Annin_Tofu

Post by Annin_Tofu »

I wanted to do another part to my horror series called the Dulvey Saga. I really feel like I'm a semi-established horror actor.

I agree. The Cost of Living crisis is a joke. Everything is increasing in price. I have a free bus pass, but my anxiety has been so bad, that I tend not to use buses much anymore. But next year, I want to get out there meeting people.

I was finding forums were becoming too inactive nowadays. Through no fault of our own, of course. It is essentially like this with all of them today.